Internet is becoming more and more popular and a powerful media for everyone. Today, people are active users of the Internet, and therefore, today the most successful and unusual way of promoting any type of goods, services or products is social media marketing SMM (Social media marketing), which uses for its purposes social networks. Social media advertising is the newest type of internet marketing because it actually defines the target audience.
The average internet user spends about 8 hours a week on social networks, 20% of internet users use social networking to search for primary information, and more than 70% of social networking users actively engage with brands through games, contests and polls.
SMM (Social Media Marketing) – social media marketing is the promotion of products and services on social media that are perceived by marketing as social media. Social networks should be considered not only as a platform for communication and information exchange, but also as a tool for business promotion. According to research, the most popular social networks are Facebook and Instagram.
Social media marketing is an effective tool to get visitors to your site from social networks, communities, blogs, blogs, and forums. Consumer attention can be obtained, purchased through advertising. You can’t buy the trust of your target audience, you can only earn it. Social media platforms are a modern tool for engaging with your target audience.
SMM is the best opportunity for small and medium-sized businesses to communicate their brand information to consumers. The advantages are:
1) brand openness to the consumer;
2) brand awareness;
3) a clear choice of the target audience;
4) good performance on brand site traffic;
5) direct feedback from the brand consumer;
6) in conjunction with other types of advertising, covers the target audience that does not respond to classic types of advertising;
7) combines both marketing and PR technologies (systematic information activity aimed at changing beliefs, attitudes, thoughts and behaviors of different groups of people);
8) at the expense of links to the site gives the site a seo-rating (measures for raising the position of the site in the search engine results).
1) formation of branding and its promotion;
2) increase customer loyalty and brand popularity;
3) increase in traffic to the company website.
Traditional social media marketing tools:
– creation, registration, filling of materials (blogging) on different platforms;
– support discussions, responses to comments in news messages and thematic communities;
– launching and supporting discussions, hidden marketing (influencers);
– conducting discussions on behalf of the company (direct marketing);
– direct advertising in content communities and on the pages of popular bloggers;
– use of viral marketing;
– monitoring of positive and negative information. Creating a positive information background;
– optimizing the company’s social media resources (SMO).
SMM has a number of tools for social networking activities:
1) creation and promotion of a brand, which includes creation and promotion of pages, events on social networks, creation and support of communities of employees of the enterprise (they are used by a large number of Ukrainian enterprises, among them: PJSC CB “Privatbank”, LLC “Nova Poshta”, ATB-Market LLC);
2) promotion on separate specialized social networks (“Habrahabr”, “DOU”), use of brand anchoring to geoservices (“Swarm”, “GoogleMaps”);
3) tools aimed at developing their own information resources, such as: keeping a corporate blog, integrating a site with social media pages, using a Twitter account, developing their own “hashtag”, posting statuses on “Facebook”, etc. (for example McDonald’s Restaurant Networks – Developing the “Best Inside” hashtag through a social media promotion to get free menus at establishments;
4) SMMs related to holding online promotions (for example, EY Academy of Business made a gift in the form of free training on one of the programs for the anniversary subscriber of their Facebook page;
5) tools that involve collaboration with bloggers (for example, among the photos of the famous TV presenter Zhanna Badaeva on the Instagram page it is easy to notice the advertising of jewelry);
6) viral marketing tools (MMC-STB PJSC known for its shows, including through the distribution of humorous images (“memes”) on the Internet, as well as created communities on social networks dedicated to shows;
7) personal branding tools (an example is the Facebook page of Donald Trump
8) display, targeted advertising on social networks, placement
ads, the use of exchanges of paid posts (active users are online stores)
Instagram is a social networking site, one of the most popular photo sharing services, allowing users to take photos and share them through their service and a number of other social networks.
As of January 1, 2020, Instagram reaches 45% users in the world.
Access to the Instagram network from mobile devices is available through official applications for all operating platforms. The constant optimization and introduction of new features open up even more opportunities for advertisers.
1. Video ads. To date, videos cover the entire Internet and, according to experts, by 2021 will account for 80% of all Internet traffic. On Instagram, video is an important, growing segment. And now powerful brands such as Adidas and Mercedes-Benz are spreading video ads through Instagram.
2. Statistical opportunities. Instagram lets you track audience activity and engagement for free and without restriction. That is, in real time, the advertiser can watch the audience response to the advertising message and make their own adjustments accordingly.
3. Increasing the role of bloggers. Today, bloggers and micro bloggers have created a new category of advisers, they form a public opinion about the product. Each of them has its own audience, which is selected according to specific segmentation factors (geographical, social, gender-age and others), which allows to maximize the effectiveness of the advertising message. According to research, 81% of the world’s most influential brands have created their profile on Instagram, which is recognized by the fastest growing media.
Therefore, with the development of information technology, the power of the Internet’s influence on society and consumer decision-making increases. SMM has a strong track record of promoting products.
Promoting products through Instagram and Facebook have the following benefits:
- low contact cost;
- ease of reaching the right audience;
- possibility of statistical analysis of audience reaction;
- the speed of propagation of the advertisement message and instant feedback.
Social Media Marketing (SMM) is a set of activities aimed at attracting visitors from social networks. There are many ways of smm promotion, the main ones are:
- creating a community or group on social networks;
- forming a blog;
- mailing of insights (invitations);
- creation of branded applications;
- Developing cool content for communities and blogs.
The practice of using SMM has highlighted the main advantages and disadvantages of this marketing communications tool.
- makes the brand open to the consumer;
- promotes brand awareness;
- exactly hits the target audience;
- gives good performance on brand site traffic;
- gives direct feedback from the brand consumer;
- in combination with other communication tools, it covers the target audience that does not respond to classic advertising;
- SEO links give the site SEO rankings.
The disadvantages of SMM:
- the manager must be constantly communicative and adjust to the audience;
- often not suitable for all brands and types of services;
- the wrong approach to work can cause negative from the consumer;
- high competitiveness for published content.
Today, over 100 different types of SMM are distinguished in the theory and practice of marketing communications, the most commonly used are:
- brand / enterprise groups;
- viral marketing;
- promotion in niche social networks;
- cooperation with opinion leaders;
- own information sites;
- promotion of content;
The range of tools that can be used for SMM promotion is quite broad. The main task of using this or that tool is to focus on building interest and retaining it in the sphere of influence of the target audience.
DaliWin Social Media Agency recommends using a number of tools, including:
1. To build mental maps – use Drichard.
2. Shorten the link with Bitly.
3. Handle graphic images – in Pixlr.
4. Use Randompromo, Fanpagekarma and Randstuff to summarize the contests.
5. Schedule deferred posts – via Onlypult.
6. Promote on Instagram and Facebook – with 1mlnlks and Tooligram.
7. Use Sociate to order reposts in other groups.
8. Target setting – using PepperNinja.
9. To track comments – Chotam.
10. Monitor social networks using Wobot.
11. Analyze Work – Using Popsters.
Therefore, a significant perspective should be noted in using Social Media Marketing (SMM) as a promising and effective tool for influencing targeted audiences
Story to achieve marketing goals.
In today’s world, which can no longer be imagined without the Internet, SMM promotion is gaining momentum at the expense of its full relevance to today’s market. Its main advantage over regular marketing is that the tools allow you to stay in touch with the audience. Also, important is the fact that SMM enables the dissemination of information on social networks at high speed, minimal cost and captures very large territorial ranges. However, this does not mean that traditional marketing is time to drop it. Only by using the combined methods of SMM and traditional marketing can one achieve the most effective advertising campaign.